I
I
V

The fascination for freaks of nature started after seeing the movie of Tod Browning “Freaks”. Since ever, those persons caused fear due to their diversity and strangeness, but symultanisly they fascinate with their mysteriousness and unique beauty even though they have some serious physical imperfections.
The deserted buildings of Porto made me feel the same way as the freaks did, causing fear by their misteriousness. They are beautiful and abandoned.
I decided to combine both of this themes in my project by painting portraits based on original pictures of persons who toked part in freak shows and to present them in empty buildings.
To conclude, I think that this subject reflects the life of an artist, being locked in the world of his imagination, condemned in solitude and rejection.
The deserted buildings of Porto made me feel the same way as the freaks did, causing fear by their misteriousness. They are beautiful and abandoned.
I decided to combine both of this themes in my project by painting portraits based on original pictures of persons who toked part in freak shows and to present them in empty buildings.
To conclude, I think that this subject reflects the life of an artist, being locked in the world of his imagination, condemned in solitude and rejection.







No comments:
Post a Comment